Recently I made a fairly common purchase and decided to literally read ALL the instructions. I was amazed at what I didn’t know that could harm me or those around me!!! I found some other labels that contained warnings too good to pass up!!
1. On a blanket from Taiwan – NOT TO BE USED AS PROTECTION FROM A TORNADO.
2. On a helmet mounted mirror used by US cyclists – REMEMBER, OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR ARE ACTUALLY BEHIND YOU.
3. On a Taiwanese shampoo – USE REPEATEDLY FOR SEVERE DAMAGE.
4. On the bottle-top of a (UK) flavoured milk drink AFTER OPENING, KEEP UPRIGHT.
5. On a New Zealand insect spray – THIS PRODUCT NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS.
6. In a US guide to setting up a new computer – TO AVOID CONDENSATION FORMING, ALLOW THE BOXES TO WARM UP TO ROOM TEMPERATURE BEFORE OPENING. (Sensible, but the instruction was INSIDE the box.)
7. On a Japanese product used to relieve painful hemorrhoids LIE DOWN ON BED AND INSERT POSCOOL SLOWLY UP TO THE PROJECTED PORTION LIKE A SWORD-GUARD INTO ANAL DUCT.WHILE INSERTING POSCOOL FOR APPROXIMATELY 5 MINUTES, KEEP QUIET. (that sounds like a challenge for somepeople I know!!)
8. In some countries, on the bottom of Coke bottles OPEN OTHER END.
9. On a packet of Sunmaid raisins – WHY NOT TRY TOSSING OVER YOUR FAVOURITE BREAKFAST CEREAL?
10. On a Sears hairdryer – DO NOT USE WHILE SLEEPING.
11. On a bag of Fritos – YOU COULD BE A WINNER! NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. DETAILS INSIDE.
12. On a bar of Dial soap – DIRECTIONS – USE LIKE REGULAR SOAP.
13. On Tesco’s Tiramisu dessert (printed on bottom of the box)- DO NOT TURN UPSIDE DOWN.
14. On Marks & Spencer Bread Pudding – PRODUCT WILL BE HOT AFTER HEATING.
15. On a Korean kitchen knife – WARNING KEEP OUT OF CHILDREN.
16. On a string of Chinese-made Christmas lights – FOR INDOOR OR OUTDOOR USE ONLY.
17. On a Japanese food processor – NOT TO BE USED FOR THE OTHER USE.
18. On Sainsbury’s peanuts – WARNING – CONTAINS NUTS.
19. On an American Airlines packet of nuts INSTRUCTIONS – OPEN PACKET, EAT NUTS.
20. On a Swedish chainsaw – DO NOT ATTEMPT TO STOP CHAIN WITH YOUR HANDS OR GENITALS.
21. On a child’s superman costume – WEARING OF THIS GARMENT DOES NOT ENABLE YOU TO FLY.
22. On some frozen dinners – SERVING SUGGESTION DEFROST.
23. On a hotel provided shower cap in a box – FITS ONE HEAD.
24. On packaging for a Rowenta iron – DO NOT IRON CLOTHES ON BODY.
25. On Boot’s “Children’s” cough medicine – DO NOT DRIVE CAR OR OPERATE MACHINERY.
26. On Nytol sleep aid – WARNING MAY CAUSE DROWSINESS.