I’ve been collecting these for a bit, and today seemed as good a time as any to share …. It seems that last night and today might have been just a little too “ruff” on some creatures – great and small ….
Category Archives: bar jokes
Through The Eyes Of … ~ An Extensive Time-Waster
There is an old(er) saying: At closing time in a bar – everyone is gorgeous. Ah, if that were only true…Much like the lie on a t-shirt I want that says: “drink ’till I’m cute.”
Leave to science to work out exactly how this transformation works!!!!!
Would I make this up????
Researchers at Manchester University worked out a formula to calculate how “beer goggles” affect your vision. Apparently there are more factors than just the open bar from 10-12. Additional factors include the level of light, your own eyesight, the room’s smokiness, as well as the distance between you and your future regret.
Here’s the formula, and just think how cool you’ll look with your calculator at happy hour. (I dare you to bring a slide rule as well!!! )
- An = number of units of alcohol consumed
- S = smokiness of the room (graded from 0-10, where 0 clear air; 10 extremely smoky)
- L = luminance of ‘person of interest’ (candelas per square metre; typically 1 pitch black; 150 as seen in normal room lighting)
- Vo = Snellen visual acuity (6/6 normal; 6/12 just meets driving standard)
- d = distance from ‘person of interest’ (metres; 0.5 to 3 metres)
And what does it all mean?
(Oh and since it uses meters – It will need to be translated!).
A formula rating of less than one means no effect.
Between one and 50 the person you would normally find unattractive appears less “visually offensive”. (Visually offensive? There’s a t-shirt in the making!!)
Non-appealing people become suddenly attractive between 51 and 100.
At more than 100, someone not considered attractive looks like a supermodel.
Let me know those scores — Inquiring Minds Want To Know!!!